BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

We Can and We Must Do Better Than This

I was so upset to learn that due to the humongous budget shortfall for the state of GA, the general assembly would be making budget cuts that included of all things--SCHOOL NURSES! Taking pen to paper I drafter a letter to my state senator and representative:

Dear Senator Stoner,

I am writing to express my deep concern over the proposed budget cuts affecting school nurses. My son, Isaiah who is a first grader and is asthmatic. He cannot take his asthma medication without assistance. Nurse Lilly provides that assistance. The school is several miles away from the nearest emergency room and/or firestation. Our school nurse is the first medically trained responder for students experiencing more than a stomach ache or a fever. She administers vital medication our children need such as albuterol, insulin, and even epi-pens.

This is critical to the health and safety of our children, which I believe the school is responsible for when children are in attendance; and which I also believe the public expects.

Please, on behalf of your fellow citizens, especially the littlest ones you serve, I ask that you work to restore this vital funding and save our school nurses.

0 comments: